New Covenant has been named one of the Top 20 Schools – finishing 5th in the nation – in the Classic Learning Test’s 2020-2021 National School Rankings. This award recognizes our students for collectively receiving one of the highest median scores in the nation on the CLT10.
The CLT10 is a college preparatory exam and PSAT® alternative designed for 9th and 10th graders and offered by the Classic Learning Test. Evaluating English, math, and critical reasoning skills, it provides a comprehensive measure of achievement and aptitude and engages students with classical texts from the most influential authors across time.
Since its inception in 2016, Classic Learning Test has offered assessments steeped in more intellectually rich and rigorous content than other standardized tests. Out of the hundreds of schools that take the CLT10 every year, New Covenant is proud of the accomplishments of our students, and pleased to receive this distinguished recognition. We celebrate this remarkable achievement.
The top 20 in the nation are as follows:
1. Chesterton Academy of Milwaukee, Menomonee Falls WI
2. The Vanguard School, Colorado Springs CO
3. Petra Academy, Bozeman MT
4. Chelsea Academy, Front Royal VA
5. New Covenant Schools, Lynchburg VA
6. Notre Dame Preparatory High School, Scottsdale AZ
7. Augustine School, Jackson TN
8. The Lyceum, South Euclid OH
9. RiverTree School, Crystal MN
10. Martin Saints Classical High School, Oreland PA
11. Live Oak Classical School, Waco TX
12. Hillsdale Academy, Hillsdale MI
13. Mars Hill Academy, Mason OH
14. St. John Paul II Preparatory School, St. Charles MO
15. Jonathan Edwards Classical Academy, Whites Creek TN
16. Veritas Academy, Savannah, Savannah GA
17. Bradford Academy, Mebane NC
18. Paideia Academy, Knoxville TN
19. The Geneva School, Casselberry FL
20. A tie!
– Delaware Valley Classical School, New Castle DE
– Kingdom Preparatory Academy, Lubbock TX