Building for Our Children’s Future
New Covenant Schools is pleased to announce groundbreaking ceremonies on Phase III of its campus development held on Friday, March 22 at 11:30 a.m. This expansion includes an academic wing with four classrooms, a student commons, and an outdoor terrace. It also includes a varsity field house with offices, locker rooms, a mud room and a lacrosse wall. The new field house will support athletics in men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball and indoor soccer. The project will also provide a renovated soccer field. The field house is designed to support day-to-day programming in physical education and New Covenant’s unique middle school intramural sports program.
The project which began construction on February 25, 2013, is scheduled for completion by September 1 and will add more than 14,000 square feet to the campus. Last spring, the board of directors launched a capital campaign with a stated goal of raising $1.8M, a goal that was achieved in February, 2013. The total cost of the project is expected to be $2.143M.
- The Workman Field House complete with HS regulation basketball and volleyball courts, locker rooms, storage and offices
- An academic quad of four classrooms, with renovations for a seminar room in the School of Rhetoric
- An outdoor commons for the School of Rhetoric
- A renovated soccer field
- A new middle school playground
- A covered pedestrian walk joining the two structures
Our Progress – The table below indicates funds pledged or given to date:
Actual to Date
(April 02, 2013)
|Transformative Leadership Gifts||$1,254,000||$1,250,000|
|Foundations & Corporations||$79,000||$44,000|
|Our Parent Community||$356,000||$556,000
Our Process – Here is how you can participate
- Make a pledge. You can donate with a one-time gift, or you can make an extended pledge payable over three years. You can make a gift in honor or in memory of a loved one. Use the form here to tell us how you wish to participate: Capital Campaign Phase III Pledge Form 57.58 kB
- Buy a brick. You can purchase a brick – two sizes from which to choose – on which you can make your message permanent. Honor a student, a class, or lend your business name to the project. The bricks will be placed in locations in the commons and the colonnade. You can download a “Brick” order form here: Brick Order Form 50.4 kB
New Covenant accepts donations of cash, appreciated securities and gifts in kind. All contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law, and New Covenant Schools is a non-profit organization under the IRS code 501 (c) 3. Your support of our work is greatly appreciated.
Other Opportunities to Give
Annual Fund – Every Family | Every Year
Each year the board of directors conducts a rigorous Annual Fund that supports the day-to-day mission of the school. The fund drive begins on June 1, and concludes on May 31. Gifts of cash and appreciated securities are accepted. Pledges are also accepted and can be structured to accommodate your situation. Gifts to the Annual Fund can be made in memory of loved ones or in honor of anyone you choose.
General Scholarship Fund
New Covenant Schools strives to make classical, Christian education available to students across a wide spectrum of economic ability. Without significant assistance through our General Scholarship Fund these students could not benefit from the opportunities at New Covenant. When you give to this fund, you can be sure that you are supporting qualified, selected students, and that you are making a life-changing difference in their lives. Gifts to this fund may not be steered to a particular student to qualify for tax deductibility. For information on how to structure your gift, please call the Headmaster.
You can assure the ongoing availability of classical, Christian education through planned giving. Consider the tax benefits of leaving a gift from your estate to the Endowment for New Covenant Schools. If you would like information on estate planning, please call the Headmaster’s Office and a school representative will contact you immediately.