What Parents Need to Know about the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
New Covenant Schools makes classical, Christian education broadly available to students across our area. A diverse student body with families from all walks of life is a stated value of the Board of Directors. The Board has established the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) to accomplish this goal. To qualify students for TAP, we now utilize the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications.
Here are “FAST Facts”:
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be granted; rather, FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. Results are reviewed by the Business Office which makes recommendations to the headmaster based on the school’s budget. Upon approval, financial aid offers are sent to families.
You must apply for TAP each year. To start the process, please do the following:
- Log onto the FAST Website
- Follow the instructions; the application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. Online email and 24/7 helpline is provided. Please do not call the school with questions.
- The charge for the application is $36.00 and is to be paid by credit card at the end of the session. If you do not have a credit card or cannot budget for the fee, please contact Jackie Umbarger in New Covenant’s business office for assistance.
- After completing the online application, you will be required to mail copies of your current tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules and W-2s to:
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
(For your convenience, a pre-addressed envelope may be picked up from the Business Office.
- NOTE: Your tax return must follow the submission, and be post marked by the specified date
- Make your tax appointment early!
We understand that individual circumstances change dramatically from year to year. TAP is most favorable to you when you work within published deadlines and give attention to the process in a timely fashion. Final decisions for TAP rest with the Headmaster’s Office and you are encouraged to discuss any aspect of the process with him.
In tough economic times, some schools may be tempted to trim programs or defer the true costs of operating a school. New Covenant Schools is committed to maintaining the quality program you expect of a classical, Christian education.