New Covenant Schools offers selected AP courses in the School of Rhetoric.
New Covenant students sat for a total of 50 AP exams including:
8 sophomores took the AP Latin exam, and all of them earned a score of 3 or higher. Two students, Rebekah Borah and Rebecca Pickard earned the highest score of 5.
8 seniors (53 percent) at New Covenant have earned AP Scholar Awards in recognition of their exceptional achievement on AP Exams. The awards are based on performance of all AP exams taken during high school, not just senior year. Awards are given in three categories:
• AP Scholar: Granted to students who receive scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP Exams. Students earning this award are Sarah Collins, Galen Creekmore, Jonathan Hart, Andrew Hartman, and Wesley Price.
• AP Scholar with Honor: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on four or more of these 8 exams. Senior Jonathan Widmeyer earned this award.
• AP Scholar with Distinction: Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams. students earning this award are Elizabeth McDowell and Matthew Widmeyer.
2013 – not available
2012 AP Results
• New Covenant seniors obtained a 100% pass rate on the English Language & Composition exam;
• New Covenant seniors obtained a 100% pass rate on the calculus exams – both AB and BC levels;
• New Covenant seniors obtained a 100% pass rate on the physics exam.
New Covenant students sat for a total of 45 Advanced Placement exams, including:
• Calculus (both AB and BC levels);
• Physics C (mechanics);
• English Language and Composition;
• English Literature and Composition;
• Latin Vergil; (10 sophomores took this test)
• Each of our seniors (2012) took at least two tests;
• 90% of all the tests taken by New Covenant students received a passing score of 3 or higher;
• In the senior class, the pass rate was 97% and more than 25% of the tests taken by the seniors
earned a score of 5;